Friday 9 October 2009

Smiles









Someone asked me yesterday,
What is your blog all about?
And what does "healthy" mean to you?

It reminded me of the quote -
"The map is not the territory"

I did an exercise with my clients during Leadership trainings.
The clients wrote down the first 7 words that popped into
their minds, related to a word chosen by me, eg: Education, Sex, etc.
When we compared, we rarely found even one word common in all!
When we use abstract words, we assume we are talking
about the same thing, but that is rarely the case.
If we engage in a dialogue, we would very quickly discover
that we have different equivalences for every word we use.

So, what are the 7 spontaneous words that flow,
when YOU think of the word "Healthy" ???
Go on, have some fun, do this now and write it down!

My words for Healthy -

balance
smiling
gratitude
connecting
wholesome
nutritious
flowing

Balance, wholesome and nutritious
are the only words that can be directly
linked to food.........and Balance for me,
is really the keyword, the most essential!
Balance on every level, emotional, mental,
spiritual, and not only physical........
Oh well, astrology does work,
I'm a Libra and obsessed with Balance!!! :-)

I've had some serious health challenges.
The list is long -but I am healing
and so much better now.....

Dealing with physical ailments and pain,
truly teaches you about taking responsibility for yourself.
One also learns time and time again, how important
is your own attitude and approach to life.
I made huge changes in the way I eat,
but the most essential changes have been from the
inside out......

There are people who eat meat everyday in Sardinia,
have a strong community life,
and live long healthy happy lives.
There is a community in California, who are vegetarians,
exercise daily and connect together in spiritual faith.
They have long happy lives too.
There is an island in Japan, where people eat less,
eat lots of fish and veggies, and look like 70 years at 105!!!!
One thing they all have in common - they smile a lot :-)

There is so much variety in life, such a rich palette
of emotions, colors, people, places and food.
I love it all passionately........

And no judgement, no fanaticism in life, nor Food.
No black and whites, grey exists and is a lovely color.
Sustainable change happens slowly.
The way we think, be, eat - is what feels comfortable
to us and it is what makes us feel at ease.

So, one step at a time, adding new things, little by little,
having fun, no resistance, no rush.......
just respect and care......this is my way.......
Cooking delicious food that I love, my family does too,
sharing it with you, alongwith the new ingredients I use,
the experiments I do, in my kitchen and pantry,
and lots of smiles and joy connecting here together......
this is what my blog is all about.........







4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have a beautiful way of looking at things; interesting exercise, to boot. What does 'healthy' mean to me...I would say (now that you've got me thinking and all!) a large portion of what I think about being 'healthy' directly corresponds to my definition of happy...Feeling happy, making others happy...eating happy :) Lovely words, indeed.

Neeta said...

"eating happy" - how lovely, as if the food is permeated and absorbs the happy feelings we feel while making it.....and that is so, of course.....
Thanks for sharing, and I look forward to many happy healthy blog posts from you :-)

Solar Oven said...

Lovely! I'm a Libran and obsessed with balance too!!!! Fx

Neeta said...

Thanks Fleur, now why am I not surprised to learn you are a libran too !!! :-)

South Indian Thali Feast

  TOTNES THALI CLUB PRESENTS A SOUTH INDIAN THALI FEAST MENU Minty Lychee Sparkler STARTERS : VADAI (spi...