Thursday 19 November 2009

Smoothie

 
 
I made a mango smoothie today,
to begin my liquid feast,
It was delicious beyond words,
I was immensely pleased......
For lunch I had a fresh juice,
with carrots, cucumber, celery,
a piece of ginger, a dash of lime,
some sea salt sprinkled lightly......
Now its time for dinner,
whisked in the Vita-mix blender,
Spinach, basil, avocado, spice,
a green soup to make me stronger.....





Mango and Almond Milk Smoothie:

1 ripe Mango, peeled and chopped
3 Dates
1 tablespoon Almond Butter
1 glass of Water
a pinch of sea salt
a pinch of cardamom powder
a big handful of ice cubes

Blend all the above ingredients,
to a make a silky smoothie.
You can add more or less water,
to make it thinner or thicker.






Notes:

I use almond butter in this smoothie
along with water to make instant
almond milk, and to add healthy fats.
I love hemp milk as an alternative,
but you can use soy milk, rice milk
or any other nut milk of choice.
Cardamom goes very well with Mango.
The sea salt enhances the sweet taste.
And dates are my favorite natural sweetener.
This made 2 good glasses,
1 for me, 1 for my daughter.....

Keep it Simple. Be Creative.
Taste and Play. Find your own Way.



4 comments:

Vee said...

love love love mango smoooooothie..somehow dont like mangoes..weird right..?

Vee

Neeta said...

i love love love chocolate but absolutely can;t stand chocolate ice cream or hot chocolate.....
funny how we like something in one form and dislike it so much in another!!!

Anonymous said...

LOOOOVe this smoothie...

Neeta said...

Thanks Sheba, and I am loving your blog!!!! :-)

South Indian Thali Feast

  TOTNES THALI CLUB PRESENTS A SOUTH INDIAN THALI FEAST MENU Minty Lychee Sparkler STARTERS : VADAI (spi...