Wednesday 23 September 2009

Green






If you have bananas, spinach and dates,
what do you think you'll make?
I'll do a healthy breakfast,
that will keep me going till noon,
a year ago I found just the thing,
believe me, it is a boon!!!!
Very nutritious, and really yummy,
even your kids will say,
please may we have some more, Mummy.
we need our greens for the day!!! ;-)


 

 
Breakfast:

Put 2 chopped bananas into your blender,
add 2 big handfuls of fresh spinach leaves,
along with 2 or 3 chopped soft dates.
Add 2 cups of chilled water.
Blend it all together till it becomes
homogeneous.


You can add more, or less water,
make a thick creamy smoothie
or a lighter thinner shake.
Pour into a tall glass and serve with a smile.


 


Notes:

The ratio for beginners is -
60% fruit and 40% greens.
I do more greens than fruit now.
You can use only 1 banana and
add some other fruits instead.
Bananas give the creamiest texture.
Strawberries, blueberries, raspberries,
and mangoes are my all time favorites too.
Vary also the greens, use romaine lettuce,
Swiss chard, kale, parsley, celery etc......
I will be posting other tried and tested recipes
of smoothies, shakes and elixirs regularly on here.
Put the fruit first at the bottom of the blender
then add the greens above.
Green smoothies are very easy to digest,
as when blended, the fruit and greens divide
into small particles, retain all their
precious nutrients and are easily assimilated.
They are a complete food, high in fiber
and very quick and easy to make.
You won't even taste the spinach at all,
only the bananas and the dates.
I love GREEN SMOOTHIES  :-)

Keep it Simple. Be Creative.
Taste and Play. Find your own Way


4 comments:

Kristen's Raw said...

Love your blog. You're amazing! :)

Cheers XOXO,
Kristen

Neeta said...

Thanks a lot Kristen, I adore your energy too :-)

Much love xxx
Neeta

Anonymous said...

Purely delicious Neeta :) I ll make that as soon as I m back!!

xoxo

Neeta said...

Thanks a bunch Hanane, hope you're having a blast in Malaysia? :-)

xxx
Neeta

South Indian Thali Feast

  TOTNES THALI CLUB PRESENTS A SOUTH INDIAN THALI FEAST MENU Minty Lychee Sparkler STARTERS : VADAI (spi...