Friday 25 June 2010

Pudina Aloo, Stuffed Zucchini Tempura, Dill & Spring Onion Rotis, Spinach & Parsley Dal





Green spaces grow and emerge, 
around me and inside too, 
I breathe and I rest, 
and watch the old turn into new......




Dill and spring onion rotis, pudina aloo, spinach dal,
zucchini flower tempura, goats yoghurt cucumber raita




Our Patio Garden




Zucchini Flowers




Stuffed Zucchini Flower Tempura




Zucchini flowers, stuffed with a mixture of creamy goats cheese,
basil and thyme, sea salt and black pepper - coated with a batter
made with gluten free flour blend, cayenne pepper, sparkling
water - then deep fried in mild olive oil.

I don't remember the last time I made any deep fried food,
but these zucchini flowers were totally worth it :-)
Trevor liked them so much, I'm making again tonight!




Dill, lots of it!!! and some Marigold too :-)




Gluten free rotis, made with a blend of Jowar (sorghum)
Rajgiri (Amaranth) and Besan (Chickpea) Flours.....
Added sea salt, ajwain, lots of dill and spring onions,
and spread some coconut oil when cooked.....




Mint from our herb patch, my favorite herb :-)





Pudina Aloo ( Mint and lemony Potatoes)

Boil potatoes, keep aside.
Green paste - blend fresh mint, fresh coriander,
dessicated coconut, lemon juice, water,
sea salt and ginger.
Heat oil, fry cumin seeds then add coriander powder,
garam masala and turmeric, add the paste,
stir fry for a few minutes
and then add the boiled potatoes and cook for a few
minutes till the paste starts drying and coating
the potatoes.
Squezze some lemon juice, serve hot with
rotis and raita......




Dinner outside in the patio, summer pleasures :-)

Apologies for the lack of precise recipes,
I'm just not too well these days, so do my best
with cooking, photographing and blogging.....


Keep it Simple.
Be Creative.
Taste and Play.
Find your Own Way.






8 comments:

Michelle said...

Neeta :) absolutely no need to apologise! I love this blog, and it's made me hungry ;P Your patio garden looks amazing, all very impressive indeed. i will write you a longer message soon...for now, sending you love under full moonbeams and wishing you joy in every beautiful moment of life xoxoxoxox

Indian Khana said...

Wow Neeta...everything looks so yum...love the pics....ur garden is so gud....

Sonya said...

Oh, how I would love to have a garden! Yours is beautiful - so abundant, vibrant and aromatic I am sure!

Neeta, your photos are perfection! You always get me inspired to try new things. I am going to make the Mint and lemony potatoes TODAY!

xoxoxo

Srivalli said...

Neeta, everything is so lovely!..gosh your garden is so luscious..and no words to explain your food..will check for the recipes again..

Neeta said...

Shell,thank you.... loving the moonbeams, love you, lots.....

Priti, thanks very much, first time gardening and Trevor does most of it :-)

Sonya, totally mutual, love your blog, recipes, pics and your adorable kids too - made your mango avocado salad yesterday, it rocked!! :-)

Srivalli, thank you so much....you inspire me with you energy and all you do....xxx

Sharanya said...

Delish neeta,I dont mind eating some fritters at all...awesome pics too.did u really use the marigold in the roti?wow,I am still waiting for my zucchini plants,think i potted too late..
hope ur feeling better
xoxo
sharanya

Neeta said...

Thanks Sharanya.....no, there is no marigold in the rotis, just dill and spring onions - the marigold is just growing next to the dill ;-) I hope your zucchini flowers soon....then you can make these fritters, I so love them :-) Love and hugs, xoxox

kelli said...

such a gorgeous feast. and i'm in love with your garden!

South Indian Thali Feast

  TOTNES THALI CLUB PRESENTS A SOUTH INDIAN THALI FEAST MENU Minty Lychee Sparkler STARTERS : VADAI (spi...