Tuesday 23 February 2010

Chocolate Tarts with Berries

 


  


A pinch of sea salt, a coconut dusting,
on chocolate, raspberry, strawberry,
a spoon of vanilla, a sprinkle of chili,
I used agave but you can use honey......
Chocolate was my very first post,
when I began this blog 5 months ago,
I made this tart with almost the same things,
Its just so good, it makes my heart sing :-)
I'll copy down the recipe once more,
Do make it now if you haven't before......


 


Filling:

3 Avocados
1/4 cup Agave (or Honey)
2 tablespoons Cacao powder (or more if desired)
1 tablespoon Vanilla extract
a pinch of Sea Salt
a sprinkling of Chili powder (optional)

Blend or process. Make it sensual and glossy,
taste, adjust, then wait.....

Base:

1 cup ground Macadamia (or Almonds)
1/2 cup fine dessicated coconut
1 tablespoon Agave
pinch of salt

Mix all till it holds together.

Method :

Use a ring or cutter. Press the base mixture at the bottom.
Make a thin layer.
Scoop the filling on top and pack it in.
Make the surface even.
Set in the freezer for 3 hours.
Unmold with care.

You can draw melted white Chocolate,
or dust some dessicated Coconut on the surface.
The last time I'd used banana slices, this time it was
raspberries and strawberries.....


 

Notes :

Use firm and ripe Avocados, but take care
that they are not over ripe or discolored.
Avocados and nuts are both natural healthy fats,
high in nutrients and delicious too. 
I had some Van Houten cacao powder,  
so I used it this time,it is dark and quite intense. 
Otherwise I use Green & Blacks organic Cacao, 
or Raw cacao that I order online.
Please adjust the quantities of both cacao and agave,
as strong or sweet as you desire....
I like a bit of heat and chili works wonders
with cacao :-)

Chocolate is very hard to handle and photograph,
it simply gets all over the hands, clothes and surfaces....
I guess I'm just clumsy and end up making a real mess!
Oh well, practice makes perfect, so it just means
I'll have to make Chocolate more often ;-)

Keep it Simple. Be Creative.
Taste and Play. Find your Own Way.


11 comments:

Solar Oven said...

My oh my ......! Fx

kelli said...

gorgeous and oh so delicious!=)

Deepa G Joshi said...

so delicious and a treat to the eyes too..lovely.

www.foodlyrics.com

Neeta said...

Thanks all of you, it was fun making them and very satisfying eating and sharing them.....Love when people say "NO way" after I tell them there is no cooking involved, no cream, eggs, sugar - but Avocado!!! :-)

Pam said...

Beautiful! From top to bottom.
And looks delish! You have such a nice way with the camera.
Pam

Anonymous said...

I don't know anymore what I am going tp ask you to make me ☺ ?!!


This is scrumptious Neeta! Miam!

We need a book of your culinary healthy creations ☺?!

x♥x♥

Neeta said...

Thanks Pam, deeply appreciate your encouragement, always :-)

Hanane - counting days!!! less than a month now yay!!! :-)))) as for the book - lol, i'm not ready for that at all!!! one day we should do it together? xxx

CarinE said...

Even it is raw, I still can taste its deliciousness...hehe

Neeta said...

Carine, because it is raw it is even more delicious ;-)

Anonymous said...

These are stunning! I love raw desserts made with avocado, too. It is the richest ingredient in the world (or one of them ;-)!

Neeta said...

Thanks cq - who needs anything dairy, cream etc when we have this green, nutrient dense, healthy, rich and luscious avocado, right? ;-)

South Indian Thali Feast

  TOTNES THALI CLUB PRESENTS A SOUTH INDIAN THALI FEAST MENU Minty Lychee Sparkler STARTERS : VADAI (spi...